BookGorilla.com knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. Our commitment to you is that we will not use or disclose information collected from you other than as described in this policy.
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your BookGorilla experience. Here are the types of information we gather
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter when you subscribe to our service or update your profile. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future information that we will share with you, improving our website and newsletters, and communicating with you.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from BookGorilla.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we will never sell it to others. We will share customer information only as described below and with affiliated businesses that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that BookGorilla.com, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of BookGorilla.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of BookGorilla.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
UNSUBSCRIBING OR UPDATING YOUR PREFERENCES
Every daily email message that we send contains an Unsubscribe link. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please use this link to unsubscribe. If you wish to change your email preferences, you may do so by using the Update Your Preferences link.
BookGorilla.com does not promote products for purchase by children. We promote children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use BookGorilla.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
If you choose to visit BookGorilla.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at BookGorilla.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.